Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Elf Decorates the Cottage

This post is a bit of a follow-up to my previous post.  Here's how I decorated our tiny cottage in the woods for the holidays.  Enjoy the tour!


Simply adding some hollys and pine clippings changed the look of the black lanterns and seashells.  I love holly berries!

Festive winter village printed sheets, a french striped pillow with ball fringe, poinsettia pillow, a wool plaid blanket over the bed, these are a few of my favorite things.  Our long weekend at the cottage was the perfect place to write our holiday greeting cards.


We even had a christmas tree at the cottage made from cut cedar and pine branches.  I didn't have much to decorate the tree with and I didn't want to buy more "stuff" (you know how I feel about stuff), so I made some paper ornaments, hung a mini wedding pic, threw in one of the Christmas cards and a poinsettia floral pick that I already had and ta da!


Hope to get around to posting pics of the house soon...by the way, wouldn't that top bunk look so cute with some happy little children? Wishing for some baby dust and a warm and cozy holiday season!

 - Lissette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us a comment. We'd love to hear from you.